The online course will give students with interdisciplinary tools they require for cultivating a constant deployment ability in their firm
Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, has introduced a new online course related to continuous repetition in the process of software development. The online course “Continuous Learning and DevOps” was launched on the Coursera platform.
The course will give students with interdisciplinary tools they require for cultivating a constant deployment ability in their firm, a skill pertinent to software development and a range of other digital processes.
DevOps is a software method that combines operations and development, and generally involves the close association of teams in conventional operation roles of development and information technology.
Commenting on the development, Professor Alex Cowan, faculty member and course instructor Darden School of Business, said, “Today’s most successful product teams move incredibly fast. When it comes to digital innovation, velocity is critical and arguably the most reliable determinant of success.”
Key takeaways from online course
The course will enable the learners to:
- Diagnose a team’s delivery pipeline and bring forward prioritised recommendations to improve it;
- Explain the skill sets and roles involved in DevOps and how they contribute toward a continuous delivery capability;
- Review and deliver automation tests across the development stack;
- Explain the key jobs of system operations and how today’s leading techniques and tools apply to them;
- Explain how high-functioning teams use DevOps and related methods to reach a continuous delivery capability;
- Facilitate prioritised, iterative team progress on improving a delivery pipeline.
Darden School of Business is a trailblazer in the online learning field. The institution’s offerings are a major component of the best business education experience, in degree programs as well as non-degree programs for leading organisations. With its association with Coursera, the institution has created more than 30 massive open online courses, reaching over 1.1 million people through courses in the fields of agile product development, pricing strategy, business strategy, design thinking and project management.